A RAINBOW FINISH
Last week I finished two Project Linus quilts.
TWO TOPS DONE
FARM BOY QUILT
FOUND IN MY STASH
MY FIRST BABY GIRL QUILT
This quilt was originally intended to be a Project Linus quilt. My good friend found out she was going to be a new grandma and wanted me to make her one just like it. I told her I could never duplicate it, being a jelly roll random mix. So I surprised her by finishing it in time for the birth of her darling granddaughter last Christmas.
I tried out the 3 Dudes pattern to give it lots of movement and was very happy with the color mix. I backed it with a fleece kids’ blanket in pink with cupcakes and other sweets in the same colors.
This was the first of my Project Linus quilts, made in 2013. I loved working with the colorful jelly roll strips and did a simple Rail Fence pattern to show them off.
Rushed to finish this Project Linus quilt in time for our Monona Quilters semiannual charity quilt collection. Our 50 or so members contributed almost 200 quilts in 2014 to a number of local charities.