Believe it or not, today was the first time I’ve tried to corral all of my scraps in one spot. I have been storing them in various small containers, supposedly sorted by color, size, pattern or whatever. Every time I need some I have to hunt for the ones I want, usually by color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. There had to be a better way.
So I dumped all of them into one large box.
By the time I took this photo I had already removed quite a few of the warm tone scraps to stitch together.
The majority of my scraps come from either 2 1/2 inch strips or charm squares. So the easiest thing to do was to stitch them in pairs. Many of them were roughly cut and sort of wonky.
Beginning with the warm tone pieces, I turned out quite a few 2 1/2 x 5″ pairs. What I had in mind was a stack of coins, but with no definite size in mind. Lastly I stitched two pairs together for stacks of four. It felt good to be putting these in some order after all this time.
looking at them now, it doesn’t look like I’ve accomplished very much, certainly not enough to make any kind of addition to a quilt. So I guess I’ll continue working on them.
We’ve had terribly hot weather lately, today being up to 98° and feeling more like 110°. Good time to stay indoors and work on my pink scraps some more. I hope the rest of you are doing well this week, keeping cool.
I’m linking up with Angela at http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/and Cynthia at http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/