On April 20 my post was called Chop Job. I showed how a red group of strips I had made did not measure correctly and so I chopped it up and pieced it together with some aqua strips. This was the result.
Recently I decided to do some improvisation and picked up that block and a piece of floral fabric. I started cutting them up and added some triangular pieced blocks as well.
As I began playing with the smaller blocks they became houses, so why not make a little neighborhood?
I was very happy with these little reclaimed wonky houses. I haven’t done anything with them since then and right now I’m at a standstill. Disaster struck! My sewing machine broke down and could not be fixed.
Actually it wasn’t an entirely disastrous situation, because this was a machine that my daughter had given to me a few years ago. It has served me very well but I was starting to look at new machines pictured online. I really need a larger harp than 6 inches for doing any size quilts with ease. Some more convenience features would be a help also. So next week I will be going to buy a new machine!
Meanwhile I did get a 10-inch orange block finished for this last week of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
I also added blocks for a batik quilt in rainbow strips which I’m working on each month.
Here is the first five colors that I’ve completed.
So at this point I’m hoping that next week will be the reveal of my new sewing machine. If I don’t have it at home at least I hope I will have found a model that is the right one at the right price. Wish me luck!
I’m linking up with Angela at http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/and Cynthia at http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/