It’s been a long slow month and I’m looking forward to the beginning of May. However, working with aqua and turquoise has been a nice change. It has brought a touch of springtime, which I’ve needed.
I’ve been busy trying to finish three quilts to be donated for charity on May 6 at our local guild. They are all children’s quilts which will go to Project Linus. I’ve enjoyed doing all of them. The only difficulty this last week has been working with black on black for the border and binding of one quilt. I just finished up this afternoon. I haven’t had a chance to get a photo so I’ll show it next week.
As a result, my aqua projects have taken a backseat. The first is my 8-inch improv block.
I didn’t realize until just now that it certainly is a wonky block, which will have to be trimmed immediately. On the other hand, it’s just might need some pressing.
My other project is the batik blocks, which I am framing in black, to make up a rainbow quilt for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
Back in January I sorted out the batiks according to color for this project, so it’s just a matter of stitching on the black strips each month.
I have not been happy with my steam iron for a long time so I checked on Amazon to find out if there was something better. I found this Rowenta cordless model priced at only $49, a real savings.
I’m really excited about trying this out. My other iron has been a good one for a long time, but this cordless will really make a difference for me in ease of pressing.
I look forward to hearing about all the interesting things that are you friends have been up to this week.
I’m linking up with Angela at http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/and Cynthia at http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/