Making Progress

Way back in the mist of time, at least a couple of years ago, I acquired a number of charm packs of black and white squares. They sat in a drawer until this year, when I decided to do something with them. By themselves they were not very attractive, so I added solid color squares interspersed with the black and white. This turned out to be a nice way of turning them into a quilt top. Using my favorite strip quilt method, I added black strips between the rows. The result was about 40 inches square, just the right size for a child’s quilt.

Our local quilt guild is having a charity quilt collection day at the beginning of May. Last week I finished the jungle animal happy green quilt, which I posted. Now I have a deadline for getting this top pinned and quilted and when this one is finished I have one more to get done before the deadline.

I have some fleece with colors that will go with this top. It’s a lively group of cars and trucks with black and assorted colors. The other night I got it pinned to the top with a friend’s help.

Today I completed quilting the black strips between the rows. Because of the clinging fleece I think that will be enough stitching to hold it. Here is how it turned out.

I think my little Paddington bear is happy to have the quilt by his side. It should not take long for me to get it bound with black.

I’m linking up with Angela at http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/and Cynthia at http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/

12 thoughts on “Making Progress

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s