TWO TOPS DONE
TOP ONE: I finished piecing my Summer quilt and showed it at the Monona Quilters meeting on Monday. Some of the folks there had never seen a Kaffe Fassett quilt before. It is 82 X 90 inches, so the entire top could not be in the photo, but everyone got an eyeful.
On Tuesday my friend Sue came over to pick it up and help me choose a quilting design. I chose one with open circular swirls including some leaves and feathers. The backing is light blue and white, so that should show the quilting very well. It should be finished by the end of May.
TOP TWO: I had some free time this week and wanted to work on a UFO. I found my RSC16 16-patch blocks, which had been pieced with some added blocks to make 16. That was last November. But it was too small for a small child quilt. It needed 6 inches added all around to make it about 44 inches square.
When I dug into the hidden areas of my stash I discovered a fleece blanket and some coordinating fabric. Monkeys and bananas, a combination only a child or a quilter could love.
There was enough fabric to do four side pieces of 6 inches, but not the corners. What better corners than some 9-patch blocks! I whipped the whole thing together in no time.
Wow! Another super bright flimsy waiting to be backed and finished for Project Linus. I was even in time on Thursday to link up a post with Ad Hoc Improv Quilts for Kaya at Sew Slowly. It really was improvised, not at all planned ahead.
I hope you all had a good stitching week and know that this month of multicolored fabrics was a fun
learning experience, as it was for me. Thank you, Angela.