This is the last week of orange and I’m looking forward to next month. But I have another orange option for my row quilt.
I really like the orange bordered by the little pinwheels. I only have about six pinwheel strips so I will have to be careful where I use them. That is one of the reasons I have been going slowly with these rows, so I won’t end up having to do any ripping and replacing. The floor is only temporary, but I do make good use of the iPad by taking photos of all my ideas to look back at.
The other reason I have put this aside was to finish this Project Linus quilt, a WIP since last winter. I machine tacked each block, which is lo-o-ts easier than pushing a needle through fleece.
Hooray, today i finished the binding, so here it is! There are little bits of orange in it also.
The flimsy came very close to the 50 x 60 inch size of the fleece blanket backing, but with a little fudging I managed to get the binding on, not the neatest job, but the happy little girl who gets it will not care.
You can see how well the front goes with the fleece, which is how I design them, from a given back to a coordinating front. I think this limitation makes them more challenging, which I love.
This quilt will be collected in mid-October at our Monona Quilt group.
I link up with RSC15 at superscrappy.blogspot.com, Sew Cute Tuesday at blossomheartquilts.com and Throwback Thursday at kristaquilts.blogspot.com. Come and join us, it’s good fun.